Assistant Director of Maintenance
Lynbrook Restorative Therapy and Nursing has an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Director of Maintenance to oversee the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments in our health care facility.
Requires a strong background in Housekeeping
Primary job responsibilities include assisting with the management of the maintenance/housekeeping department staff, and compliance with infection control, life safety code and all applicable NYS DOH requirements and regulations.
Schedule: Monday through Friday and every other weekend
• Assist with planning work schedules to ensure adequate service and coverage.
• Inspect all work in progress completed by staff or outside contractors and maintains cleanliness checklists.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of all areas of the building, coordinating with the Director any needed repairs.
• Assist Director with training staff and conducting in-services for staff.
• Maintain strict inventory and order supplies as needed.
• Maintain all files and records consistent with the adequate functioning of the department.
• Performs regular inspections of resident areas and rooms for sanitation, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
• Ensure proper safety and security regarding Resident belongings and items. used in carrying out housekeeping and laundry functions.
• Prior supervisory experience in the maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry departments of a nursing home or hospital preferred.
• Knowledge of life safety code and NYS DOH regulations for nursing homes required.
• A pleasant and courteous demeanor when dealing with peers, staff, guests, residents and management.
• Must be very thorough with cleaning practices and in technical work.
• Experience providing cleaning services in a fast-paced environment.
• Superb stress management skills.
• Strong communication skills; both written and oral.
• Experience with plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
• Salary Commensurate with experience
Health and dental benefits
• Housekeeping/Maintenance Management: 2 years