Momentum at South Bay is seeking an experienced Baker for our cafe-style complimentary Bakery.
This is a part-time position
** Experience Required
The Pastry Chef is responsible for providing high-quality baked products for our guests while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY café environment.
This is not a kitchen environment. You will bake in our cafe & serve to our residents and guests.
· At least two years previous baking experience
· Mix and bake ingredients according to recipes to produce cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, pastries, or other baked goods
· Familiar with scratch baking, fondant, buttercream and custom cakes
· Able to lift 50lbs
· Can stand for several hours, available to work holidays
· Culinary School Degree of equivalent preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Observe and maintain the quality of products being baked, and adjust oven temperatures, baking time accordingly.
· Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
· Measure and weigh the flour and other ingredients to prepare batters, and icings, using recipes scales and graduated containers.
· Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
· Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked.
· Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
· Keeps a record of inventory items needed in baking, and consolidates the orders to be placed on a weekly basis
· Must maintain a clean and sanitary workstation