Lynbrook Restorative Therapy and Nursing is seeking a counterperson/baker to work in our NEW café-style complimentary Bakery.
The counterperson/baker is responsible for providing high-quality baked products for our guests while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY Café environment.
If you enjoy making people smile while working with a great team then this is a great place to work and we would like to have you as part of our team!
Please note that this is not a kitchen environment. You will bake in the cafe & serve to our guests.
• Previous baking experience is preferred
• Mix and bake ingredients according to recipes to produce cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, pastries, or other baked goods
• Familiar with scratch baking, fondant, buttercream and custom cakes
• Greet guests and have good communication skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Able to stand for several hours
• Observe and maintain the quality of products being baked, and adjust oven temperatures, baking time accordingly.
• Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
• Measure and weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare batters, and icings, using recipes scales and graduated containers.
• Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
• Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
• Keeps record of inventory items needed in baking, and consolidates the orders to be placed on a weekly basis
• Must maintain a clean and sanitary workstation