Emerge Nursing & Rehabilitation at Glen Cove has opportunities for CNA’s
We have all shifts available
We are looking for skilled CNA’s (Certified Nursing Assistants) to become a part of our facility’s compassionate caregiving team.
The CNA will interact directly with patients, providing comfort and transportation, monitoring their vital signs and assisting with daily living needs. We are searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital link between our patients and the nurses and other facility staff.
- Assist with daily living activities. This includes delivering meals to patients, turning and ambulating patients and providing plenty of freshwater, as well as extra nourishment between meals
- Help patients with personal hygiene. Provide patients with bedpans, help with baths, shampoos and showers
- Provide adjunct care for the patient, including ice packs, non-sterile dressings and therapeutic baths
- Check vital signs and record daily information in the patient’s chart
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and procedures and abide by federal, state and local requirements, as well as Joint Commission standards
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training course
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks safely and effectively
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive information with empathy (“bedside manner”)
- High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical situations with a cool demeanor.