Dietary Supervisor – Part-Time
Potential for a full-time position
Every other weekend
30 hours per week
7 to 7 on weekends 1-night shift during the week
Our Dietary Supervisor is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, developing and supervising the overall operation of the Dietary Department.
Must comply with federal and state guidelines and regulations, facility policies and procedures, and as directed by the Director of Food Service and/or Dietitian.
Also responsible for ensuring that quality food service is provided at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS OF DIETARY SUPERVISOR
• A minimum of 2 years of Dietary Supervisor experience in a hospital or nursing facility.
• Food Handler Certificate / 90 hours Certificate
• Associate of Arts Degree in Food Management, Dietetics, or related field preferred
• Must possess leadership qualities and the willingness to work harmoniously with/and supervise non-professional personnel
• Ability to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, regular inspection of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties in absence of the Director of Food Service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in hiring, training and reviewing the performance of staff
• Ensure food service is in compliance with nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Assess and meet the nutritional needs of elderly or nursing care patients.
• Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries.
• Prepare a variety of foods according to the patient’s meal plan.
Job Type: Part-time