Emerge Nursing and Rehabilitation at Glen Cove, NY is seeking a Neuropsychologist to consult in our neurorehabilitation unit.
Time commitment: 2 days (approximately 10 hours) per month
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA accredited clinical or neuropsychology doctoral program.
• Licensed in New York State. Experience with evaluation of patients with brain injury, stroke, dementia, other neurological conditions, and associated moderate to severe neurocognitive impairments.
• ABPP/ABCN Board certification in neuropsychology or rehabilitation psychology is preferred but not required.
• Conduct brief neuropsychological screening evaluations of new patients, including assessment (formal and interview-based) of cognitive and emotional functioning.
• Generate written reports outlining cognitive strengths and limitations, mood/behavioral/adjustment challenges, and associated treatment recommendations.
• Consult with rehabilitation treatment team regarding strategies for effectively managing cognitive, communication, and/or behavioral challenges.
• Other duties as required
Please contact Wendell Miller – Administrative Program Manager of Neurological Rehabilitation Services 516-460-7398