We are looking for a highly motivated and self-directing individual to join our team as a Help Desk Administrator of 11 skilled nursing facilities.
The perfect candidate for this role is adept at providing helpdesk level support, server administration, Office 365 administration and have a strong networking background. The infrastructure is distributed among 11 locations all within approximately a 2.25-hour radius.
The position will be remote work from home but and require traveling to our site’s facilities if needed during the workday or during an on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate would live on Long Island.
Objectives of this Role
· Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
· Provide Desktop support alongside the IT Director to end-users in the organization
· Prioritize support needs and overall objectives to ensure business operations
· Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
· Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems in an efficient and professional manner
· Interface with vendors for projects or troubleshooting related to phones, security cameras, printers and networking
· Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Provide help desk level support
· Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
· Monitor data center health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
· Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
· Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
· Take part in on-call rotations
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
· Proven work experience in IT
· Experience with operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery.
· Mandatory – Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
· Mandatory – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
· Mandatory – Microsoft Server, Microsoft365, AzureAD
· Preferred – LAN/WAN technologies (VLANs, Routing, Switching)
· Wireless technologies
· Demonstrable solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Must have a car and valid driver’s license
· Able to lift at least 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time