Glen Cove Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation has an amazing opportunity for a Full-Time Speech-Language Pathologist.
Our SLP is responsible for the assessment of patients: providing direct patient care to assess their medical condition, functional capabilities, limitations and restrictions and potential for rehabilitation. Also, the Speech-Language Pathologist will establish and administer a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patient’s capacity and tolerance under the direction of the Physician.
As well, the Speech-Language Pathologist must set realistic and achievable goals for their patients, document and record the patient’s condition and educate patients and families in an appropriate therapy method.
· Must have graduated from an accredited Speech Therapist college or university.
· Must have a valid professional license and registration for state of NY
· Experience with long-term care and/or geriatric care is preferred but not limited to.
· Well versed with documentation writing
· Evaluations, weekly progress notes, recertification and discharge documentation.
· Collaborates with all disciplines to provide the best patient-centered treatment and care.
· Exceptional patient service skills and ability to demonstrate clinical excellence
· Report to work on time, adhere to scheduled hours and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
· Perform all other duties assigned by the Director of Rehabilitation
· Compliance with confidentiality, HIPPA and Federal Residents Rights.
· Experience with Case Mix Index and PPS scheduling is preferred however not limited to.
Salary – Based on Experience/ Education
Job Type: Full-time